Due to our location on Martha’s Vineyard all cancellations affect us significantly. Our reservation, cancellation and deposit policies are in line with other Island lodging facilities and are in place to guarantee that everyone gets to enjoy Vineyard magic.
For group reservations of seven or more rooms, please refer to the group contract for the applicable cancellation policy.
Please note our firm cancellation policy guidelines below.
- Rates reflect availability and season. All major credit cards accepted.
- Rates are per-room & based on double occupancy. $25 per additional guest(s) per night.
- Rates are subject to State & local room taxes & fees.
- A Full deposit is required on all reservations of 1-3 nights.
- A deposit of 50% of the total stay is required on reservations of more than 4 nights; the balance is due fourteen days prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- With fourteen days (14) or more notice prior to your confirmed arrival: Any cancellations (including a shortening of stay) will be charged a 10% cancellation fee. Shortening of a stay must still meet any minimum stay requirements.
- With thirteen days (13) or less notice prior to your confirmed arrival: Deposits become non-refundable for any cancellations (including shortening of stay)
We realize that cancellations may be beyond your personal control. For this reason we recommend purchasing travel insurance for your Vineyard vacation. Mansion House Inn will be happy to supply your travel insurance company with any needed documentation regarding our policy and your reservation. For insurance information please visit InsureMyTrip.
Change of Dates:
We understand that booking mistakes happen and plans change.
- With 14 days or more notice prior to arrival: A one-time change is permitted, if we have an available room(s) for your requested date(s). An additional deposit is required for any rate increases. If there is a rate decrease for the new date(s) the original rate applies. The reservation becomes non-refundable once a change of date has occurred
- With 13 days to 7 days of arrival: A change of date fee equal to 25% of deposit will be charged for this service. This means that 75% of the deposit paid can be applied to your new reservation. An additional deposit is required for any rate increases. If there is a rate decrease for the new date(s) the original rate applies. The reservation becomes non-refundable once a change of date has occurred
*If you have booked your reservation using a 3rd party online booking site or an agent, deposit rules may vary. Our cancellation rules posted apply to all reservations.
Mansion House General Policies:
- No Smoking: Mansion House is a 100% non-smoking property. All guest rooms, balconies and porches are non-smoking. Cleaning fees up to $250 will be applied for violations of our smoke free policy.
- Pets: Pet friendly rooms are limited, and must be booked in advance only by phone; pets are prohibited from non-designated pet rooms and areas. A cleaning fee, per pet, will be applied to the deposit. Pets must never be left in the guest room alone. All guests traveling with pets will be asked to sign our Pet Guidelines at check in.
- Parking: Most people choose not to bring a car to the Island (and we encourage you not to, as we’re conveniently located just off the ferry), but if you do, please note that Mansion House offers limited parking, offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Bicycles: Mansion House offers a locked storage shed. We ask that no bikes are brought into Mansion House guest rooms.
- Rates: All rates are based on double occupancy. Rates are subject to change without notice, except for confirmed reservations with a deposit.
- Check-in time is 3pm, Checkout time is 11am.
A note about refunds, credit cards and debit cards:
We issue all applicable refunds immediately. It is at the discretion of your credit card company as to how long it takes to process your credit. As a general rule, it can take 2 to 10 business days to receive your credit. Debit cards: Because different banks work in different ways, your original authorization or deposit can take up to 5-10 business days, even though we refund the charges as soon as we’re able to. Thank you for your understanding.