Due to our location on Martha’s Vineyard all cancellations affect us significantly. Our reservation, cancellation and deposit policies are in line with other Island lodging facilities and are in place to guarantee that everyone gets to enjoy Vineyard magic.
Visiting for a wedding or event?
If your party blocked rooms for your event, it is too special to reserve online. Please give us a call at (508) 693 2200 and we will assist you with your reservation.
All reservations for 7 or more guest rooms will be considered a Group. Reservations that have been “picked up” or, booked from, the group remain part of the Group and are subject to Group policies.
A deposit of 50% is required at the time of booking to secure the room block. The remaining balance is due 90 days* prior to the date of arrival based on the contract and season. Rooms that are not paid in full at this time will be cancelled and released from the room block.
Credit Card Authorization:
If you choose to pay the deposit(s) by credit card, we may require a signed authorization from the card holder. All information will be sent to the coordinator if an authorization is required.
All cancellations, including shortening of stay dates, must be made 90 days* prior to the scheduled day of arrival. That includes any reservation made from the group block. The cancellation fee is 25% of the total deposit.
All group requests are coordinated by an assigned Mansion House representative, please contact us for more information.
*Based on Season and contract. Please refer to the contract or group coordinator.
Mansion House General Policies:
- No Smoking: Mansion House is a 100% non-smoking property. All guest rooms, balconies and porches are non-smoking. Cleaning fees up to $250 will be applied for violations of our smoke free policy.
- Pets: Pet friendly rooms are limited, and must be booked in advance only by phone; pets are prohibited from non-designated pet rooms and areas. A cleaning fee, per pet, will be applied to the deposit. Pets must never be left in the guest room alone. All guests traveling with pets will be asked to sign our Pet Guidelines at check in.
- Parking: Most people choose not to bring a car to the Island (and we encourage you not to, as we’re conveniently located just off the ferry), but if you do, please note that Mansion House offers limited parking, offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Bicycles: Mansion House offers a locked storage shed. We ask that no bikes are brought into Mansion House guest rooms.
- Rates: Rates are subject to change without notice, except for confirmed reservations with a deposit.
- Check-in time is 3pm, Checkout time is 11am.
A note about refunds, credit cards and debit cards:
We issue all applicable refunds immediately. It is at the discretion of your credit card company as to how long it takes to process your credit. As a general rule, it can take 2 to 10 business days to receive your credit. Debit cards: Because different banks work in different ways, your original authorization or deposit can take up to 5-10 business days, even though we refund the charges it as soon as we’re able to. Thank you for your understanding.